31.12.11

二零一一年目標回顧 | 2011 Resolution Review

2011, a year of mixed feelings.
Thank you Lord for all His blessings for me even though I did not deserved them.
I completed 5 out of 11 resolutions that I made, I need to have a clearer idea on what I want to do in the coming year.

1. Relationship with God. = Success =

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for your unconditioned love and patience for me, please discipline me and teach me to put You first in everything I do.

- first thing in the morning, pray to God
- attends life church and talk-it-over discussions
- complete Youversion reading plan by May 2011

=  I did not pray in the mornings consistently, but my faith has grown stronger than ever - I kept making this prayer few years back to God to strengthen my faith, and now He made my faith strong.
= I did not attend Lifechurch consistently, especially during the last quarter of the year, I did not attend even once. But God gave me a strong push in going to a physical church. 
= Completed Youversion reading plan in May 2011.

2. Writing.= Success =

There are voices in my mind 24/7. They never shut up and sometimes I lose control of my emotions and feel very bipolar. I'm sorry that I'm unstable.

- jot down/take pic of important things
- organize my messy thoughts

= I am picking this habit back again, around the month of October, since father was in the hospital.

3. Exercise.= Failed =

Exercise helps to balance brain chemicals. Besides staying healthy, it helps to maintain my 'healthy' mood, so I will have less unstable times.

- jogging and/or swimming every weekend, 1 - 2 time(s)
- basic stretching
- wants to be able to bend over and touch the ground

= My old sports shoes doesn't work well anymore, so I stopped jogging. 
= I did not do much stretching and I still can't touch the ground without bending my knees.
= I've gained 2kg of weight, grown fatter around the tummy/waist/buttock area.

4. Reading. = Success =

Reading keeps me focused and ponder on some thoughts. I seriously need to relearn how to focus and concentrate.

- Finish "1Q84" (book 1 & 2) by Murakami Haruki
- NEW: Finish "1Q84" (book 3) by Murakami Haruki
- Finish "艺术治疗" by Dr. Shaun McNiff
- Finish Phil Yeh's and Chin Yew's Comics

= I haven't finish Dr. Shaun McNiff's  藝術治療, but I considered this a success because I've been reading something everyday as a habit already.
= Read mangas online, I am too lazy to list down the titles.
= Read 1Q84 (Book 1-3) by 村上春樹, Phil Yeh and Chin Yew's graphic novels, 廚房by 吉本芭娜娜,Peacemaker Kurogane Vol.1-5 (manga), Clive Barker's The Thief Of Always (graphic novel).
= Currently still reading 藝術治療, Dr Shaun McNiff / 徐志摩詩集 / Becoming A Person Of Influence, John C. Maxwell, Jim Dornan

5. Train my left hand. = Failed =

Due to less-than-severe-but-not-light injury from repetitive strain on my right hand/arm/颈椎, I would really want to put less strain on my right hand by training my left hand to do certain simple activities. It's good for the brain too.

- brush teeth
- write
- doodle

= I learnt how to brush my teeth with my left hand, but not writing and doodling. But I'm glad that the arm is not hurting soooo much already. 

6. Tidy/Cleaning Up Areas and Files. = Failed =

Workspace and the environment reflects your mind state. This has been on my to-do list like... for years. *guilty and embarassed* Yeah I have a very messy state of mind. I need to do something about it, the aim is to be “乱中有序” (luan4 zhong1 you3 xu4),which means it seems messy but in fact there are certain rules/discipline to it, this has been my “座右铭” (zuo4 you4 ming2,motto) since high school.

Areas:
- workspace
- wardrobe
- bookcase(s)
- room desk
- room shelves

Digital Files and Non-digital Files:
- back up important files
- arrange them in appropriate folders and location
- Photos: upload.

= Although I did some cleaning up, but it's still not enough to tick all the above off. 

7. Draw. = Failed =

I wonder why I almost put this last.

- Paint something digitally.
- Clean up my dA deviations.

= I almost wanted to put a success until I read what I typed: paint something digitally and cleaning up dA deviations. I did not 'paint' something digitally, and I left my dA as it was, besides uploaded some traditional works once in a while. 

8. Revise Japanese Language.= Failed =

- just wanna be able to read hiragana and katakana without any difficulty

= I revised but slacked off since the 3rd quarter of the year. 

9. ll-m. = Failed =

No clear plans on this yet, but I will try.

= I still don't know what I want to do with this. Swt. 

10. Graduate and earn money. = Success =

Does this count? But I really wanna graduate very badly.
This is vague but yeah, regardless of full-time or part-time job, earn a decent amount of money then pay my own debts and give money to parents.

= Haven't pay all the debts - but I graduated and earned some money. Just that I couldn't gave it to my papa anymore, but I still have my lovely mama to give.

11. Drive to places. = Success =

If you see a driver that annoys you so much that you can't stop honking and pressure her, that's probably me. Sorry, I very noob, please forgive me, but I really have to learn to drive to places by myself. T_T

.= I drove to places, but still not very good in recognizing roads and directions. A good start, and a good experience of a minor accident and making a police report and claiming insurance.

No comments: